Students Show Competence Working with SMART Technologies

Using a SMARTboard to create lessons and interactive activities is just one way that pre-service teachers show their competence working with technology.  The focus of the required, EDTC 4001, is for students to gain competence with both existing and emerging technologies to be able to teach the 21st century learner with high levels of thinking and engagement.  Students enjoy their hands-on experiences with SMARTboards:

“Making a Smartboard lesson was one of my favorite assignments I had to complete.  I love creating visuals and engagement tools for my students.”  Casey Worrell

“One of the greatest tools that I have ever used so far as a student and an intern is the tool called a SmartBoard. I love this tool so much. It is so much better than any paper copy or chalkboard activity. A SmartBoard is an interactive electronic white board that a teacher can use with their students. This board has the ability to allow people to use their fingers and hands to operate it.” Chris Edwards

Additionally, many, many ECU students have contributed their work to the online SMART Exchange, a collaborative network for teachers to share lesson ideas and SMART activities. Way to go!

Screen Shot 2014-12-10 at 8.22.47 AM Screen Shot 2014-12-10 at 8.21.01 AM