Kate Spade, fashion designer, found dead in apparent suicide

Article : https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/05/us/kate-spade-dead/index.html

Most people have heard about the devastating news of fashion icon and highly successful entrepreneur committing suicide. Last Tuesday, Kate Spade was found by her housekeeper in her New York apartment. Kate Spade started her iconic handbag line in1993 and opened her first shop in New York City just 3 years later. CNN now tells us that she had more than 140 stores in the US and more than 175 internationally. Just last year, the other iconic brand “Coach” planned to buy out Kate Spade for 2.6 billion dollars. BILLION.

The point of me emphasizing billion in my last paragraph was to show that money is not everything. Kate Spade was so successful, had plenty of money, and a wonderful home. This is what most people would consider a “perfect life.” I have heard and seen so many people say, “she had so much money, why would she do this?” or “She had so much money how could she possibly be unhappy?” Money is not everything. I am so saddened that this had to take place but I really hope people start to realize that it is not all about the material things. People could have other terrible things going on in their life that they cover up each and everyday.

Instead of a question for my classmates this week, I have more of a statement/advice. If you see a friend, neighbor, or just someone passing and they seem different or upset, take the time to ask them to lunch or ask them if everything is okay. You never know, you just might be saving someone’s life.