The case of a missing woman: Gabby Petito

A 22-year-old woman named Gabby Petito and her boyfriend Brian Laundrie went on a cross country trip in June 2021. Brian returned home but Gabby did not. She recorded majority of their vacation and kept in touch with her family members. However, this communication ended in August. On August 12th a police officer stopped the couple in what seemed to be a domestic problem. The officer said he did not feel as if it was a domestic assault so he did not file a report even though the two were described as getting into a physical fight. I believe the officer should have stopped and evaluated the situation more before driving away. Since returning home, Brian is nowhere to be found and not cooperating with the police. He also hired an attorney. Brian is considered a person of interest in the case. Gabby’s parents are begging for Brian to share any information he can but according to North Port Police Chief Todd Garrison he is “hindering the investigation”. This case is very strange to me and I believe domestic violence played a big part in their relationship.

https://www.14news.com/2021/09/15/missing-womans-boyfriend-returned-road-trip-without-her-police-say/

3 thoughts on “The case of a missing woman: Gabby Petito”

1. I saw this same case all over my TikTok for the past couple days. I’m so glad you brought awareness to this case. This topic/case really does correlate to what we talk about in class. I do believe that Gabby Petito’s boyfriend Brian is very suspicious. How do you come all the way back home and not bring Gabby with you? and now you are hiding from police? That is very suspicious. I hope we get answers soon about what happened and where she is, and bring her family justice they deserve.

2. I have been seeing this case pop up on all of the social platforms that I used, but I had never actually looked deeply into the situation. I also just found out a couple hours ago that police had found remains that they believe could be Gabby Petito’s. I never knew this until now, but I am actually floored that the police officer present at the scene did not see an issue with the domestic assault so it wasn’t reported. But then again if both sides clear the “air”, I can see why the officer dropped the issue. Overall, this is such a sad situation and I hope that the police can find her fiance and question him about what had happened leading up to Gabby’s disappearance and her possible death.