EMILY RATAJKOWSKI AND ROBIN THICKE ASSULT STORY

I chose this topic to talk about because it just recently hit the surface of media. In class a couple weeks ago, we watched the music video for the song Burred Lines, where Robin Thicke is talking about doing things witohut consent. We then watched a video dub of someone recreating the song but it talks all about consent, which is important.

In this article, Emily R. talks about how on the set of the music video, Robin came up behind her and put his hands on her breasts without her consent. This is a huge problem. She states in an srticle from Independent,“I didn’t react – not really, not like I should have.” Emily also goes on to say,“I instinctively moved away, looking back at Robin Thicke. He smiled a goofy grin and stumbled backward, his eyes concealed behind his sunglasses. My head turned to the darkness beyond the set.”

The men and women on the set of the music video all testify to say that Robin may have been drunk or tipsy when the incident happend. She was hesitant about coming forward due to the humiltion. Which is most of the time the case for all women that go through something of this magnitude. These incidents happen to owmen all around the world. There should be no more silence, this is unaccpetable.

Source:

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/emily-ratajkowski-robin-thicke-sexual-assault-b1931719.html

1 thought on “EMILY RATAJKOWSKI AND ROBIN THICKE ASSULT STORY”