ERHD Alumni – Daniel Allen – Receiving Medical Degree at 2016 ECU Graduation Ceremony

As Director of the ERHD Program and Professor of Public Health & Anthropology, I regularly participate in the Fall and Spring Graduation Ceremonies of East Carolina University. Although this spring ECU graduation ceremony began in the rain, the weather cleared up for another outstanding ceremony.

Surprisingly, at the graduation ceremony, I met one of our 2014 ERHD graduates — Daniel Allen. He was receiving his Medical Degree (M.D.) at this spring commencement and saw me taking pictures. He came over to me and I congratulated him on his MD degree and then asked to take a Selfie with him.

Amazingly, it was just a couple of years ago that Daniel completed all the ERHD courses in our program and now he is receiving his Medical Degree. I am sure all of our ERHD coursework and projects/proposals will make a significant impact on his career as a practicing physician.

Again, I am proud to play a part in the lives of another one of our OUTSTANDING ERHD GRADUATES!

Here is my Selfie with Daniel.
Here is my Selfie with Daniel.